The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Staff ArtistJob ID: 18-68
Job Class: Casual
Employment Group: Non-Union
# of Vacancies: 1
The City of Port Moody is requesting Expressions of Interest from professional visual or media artists to form a part of the Cultural Services team for an 18-month contracted term. This contract position is expected to work an average of 20 hours per week (including some evenings and weekends) on a range of projects and opportunities, as well as possible projects identified by the Staff Artist, Council, the Arts and Culture Committee, and City staff.
Creating a Staff Artist position strengthens the City of Port Moody's commitment to being City of the Arts. The Artist will have the opportunity to create artwork for identified projects and recommend projects for inclusion in this program.
The goals of the Staff Artist program are to:
- Design artwork for already identified projects
- Become an integrated member of the Cultural Services team
- Become an integrated team member on two or more civic capital projects and complete at least one associated permanent artwork
- Where identified, collaborate with the community on arts projects
- Further the goals of the Arts and Culture Master Plan
- Improve the integration of the arts into all Port Moody civic services
- Lead an art component at a City community event
- Grow the City's goal of being known as the City of the Arts
For further details on this unique opportunity and the submission requirements, please visit our website. Submissions should be received by July 27, 2018.
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Arts & Cultural Services
Posted: June 25, 2018, 2:41 pm
Expires: July 27, 2018, 4:30 pm