Human Resources Generalist(Full-Time Temporary)
The Fraser Valley Regional Library is the largest library system in BC, offering a challenging and rewarding environment with a progressive outlook. Serving more than 700,000 people, the Library provides excellent opportunities for creative, self-motivated and team-oriented people. The atmosphere is supportive and congenial.
Reporting to the Director of Organizational Development you will be part of a team who is responsible for providing advice, support and services to management and staff in a variety of human resource areas including: recruitment and selection; labour relations; human resource policies, programs, initiatives and procedures; job evaluation; change management; performance management; absence management; staff training and development. This role plays a key role in performance management development and including online training modules.
What we offer
In addition to excellent salary and benefits we offer a fun and supportive work setting where creativity and innovation are the norm. FVRL features a collaborative team environment and exciting projects.
Here is what you can bring
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects, to determine priorities and balance changing workload expectations and frequent interruptions.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound recommendations/decisions.
- Outstanding communication skills as well as proven commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and diplomatically manage sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated initiative to use a solution-oriented approach to resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Creative thinking to see new possibilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office in particular Word, Outlook & Excel and demonstrated capacity of learning other software applications/HRMS.
- Strong knowledge of WSBC laws, regulations and practices.
- Experience working in a unionized and non-unionized environment.
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in Human Resources or Labour Relations.
- Strong knowledge of occupational health & safety laws, regulations and practices.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
Valid B.C. Driver’s license (minimum level ‘N’) is required. This position is required to attend offsite meetings and will require the use of a vehicle.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Hours per Week: 35
Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Job Start Date: July 20, 2018
Job End Date: July 20, 2019
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Posting Close Date: July 15, 2018
Job ID: 18-094E
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Human Resources
Posted: June 25, 2018, 1:47 pm
Expires: July 15, 2018, 4:30 pm