Vancouver Island Regional Library
Digital Marketing Specialist
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity where progressive thinking, accountability and resource planning are valued?
If you are ready to work for an organization that fosters collaboration and partnership with its employees and communities, Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) has an exciting opportunity for you!
Under the direction of the Director, the Digital Marketing Specialist will create and successfully implement Vancouver Island Regional Library’s (VIRL) digital marketing strategy, drawing on experience and capabilities to increase web traffic to all VIRL digital platforms, engage online audiences, enhance VIRL’s online profile and contribute to VIRL’s digital marketing initiatives.
You have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proficiency with digital platforms, including website content management, social media, analytics and digital marketing;
- Strong writing and graphics skills, experience with Adobe CS considered an asset;
- Ability to communicate engagingly across a range of digital platforms;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and with close attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
In this position, your duties may include:
- Develops and successfully implements VIRL’s digital marketing strategy in accordance with VIRL’s strategic principles;
- Develops and executes VIRL’s system-wide social media strategy;
- Coordinates and distributes VIRL e-newsletters, to both internal and external audiences;
- Examines opportunities to enhance online presence of rural and remote branches through social media and other channels;
- Ensures VIRL’s digital spaces, including but not limited to, website, intranet, and social media channels, are populated regularly with fresh and engaging content;
- Works with Web Developer and other stakeholders to ensure VIRL’s intranet is providing accurate, engaging content. Seeks and implements opportunities to improve VIRL’s intranet;
- Manages customer communications via social media channels, including customer feedback, and helps to maintain up to date and accurate information related to VIRL;
- Writes, edits and proofs content for all digital channels;
- Leverages social media and other digital resources to enhance VIRL’s community presence.
- Develops and executes strategies to promote VIRL’s eLibrary;
- Identifies, prioritizes, recommends, and implements best practices in digital marketing to engage effectively with diverse audiences;
- Prepares content that is Search Engine Optimized and produces impactful written and graphical communications across digital platforms;
- Works in a collaborative environment with colleagues to extend and enhance VIRL’s online presence, provides coaching and training to staff as needed;
- Promotes VIRL’s online profile as a community hub, develops new partnerships and relationships;
- Using digital marketing metrics, monitors the success of VIRL’s digital marketing initiatives and provides updates and recommendations to the Director and Divisional Manager;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning and maintaining a knowledge of trends and developments in digital marketing, and their application to VIRL’s goals and objectives;
- Works in close conjunction with Divisional Manager, Communications and Marketing and Director, Corporate Communications and Strategic Initiatives, in the development and implementation of strategic e-marketing campaigns;
- And of course, other duties as required.
Education and Experience that would make you stand out:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in digital media, marketing, or communications;
- Minimum of two (2) years (full time) in a similar role;
- Demonstrated experience in managing Google analytics, email marketing campaigns or platforms, social media marketing and managing websites or website content;
- Experience with a public library or other public institution considered an asset;
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe.
You should also know:
You are required to have a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle given that there will be travel to various VIRL Branches or potential VIRL Branch locations. You will also be required to satisfactorily complete a Criminal Record Check (Working with Children & Vulnerable Adults).
Our Mission is to enrich lives and communities through universal access to knowledge, lifelong learning, and literacy. Our Vision is to develop strong library branches that are vital community destinations for knowledge, inspiration, innovation, and renewal.
Vancouver Island Regional Library has over 370 employees and serves over 430,000 people through 39 branch locations on Vancouver Island, Haida Gwaii, Bella Coola on the central mainland coast, and through our eLibrary at www.virl.bc.ca.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is located our Nanaimo Harbourfront Branch (Communications Office): 90 Commercial Street Nanaimo, BC V9R 5G4
Please reference the Competition No.: EX2018-59 in the subject line of your email when submitting your cover letter and resume to HR@virl.bc.ca.
Your cover letter should clearly identify how you have the knowledge, skills and experience to be successful in this position.
VIRL thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Visit us at www.virl.bc.ca for other exciting opportunities.
Your Voice. Your Library.
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Information Technology,Marketing & Sales
Posted: June 22, 2018, 1:14 pm
Expires: July 20, 2018, 4:30 pm