Building and Planning Clerk
Situated in a lush valley surrounded by stunning mountain vistas, just 35 km from Whistler, Pemberton is one of the most desirable communities in BC. Enjoy mild winters and warm summers, and a young, vibrant community with a unique pioneer heritage. Opportunities abound to enjoy arts, culture, recreation, family amenities and comfortable lodging. The Village of Pemberton prides itself on its creative and collaborative approach with the business community, local volunteer groups, and neighbouring communities.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations and Development Services, the Building and Planning Clerk acts as the primary point of contact for the Development Services team, providing a variety of administrative support services and managing public inquiries regarding permit applications, land use planning, zoning, municipal bylaws and other relevant legislation. The Building and Planning Clerk assists in the processing of applications and issuance of building permits and development approvals.
- Minimum three (3) years administrative experience in a Local Government environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in planning and development aspect of Local Government preferred
- Knowledge of BC Building Code an asset
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and references by 12:00 noon, Friday, June 22nd, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full job description and more information on the Village of Pemberton visit www.pemberton.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.