Sport AttendantJoin our Community Sports team!
Position Type: Auxiliary
Department: Community Sports
Direct Supervisor: Sport Activity Coordinator
Anticpated Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Closing Date: July 2, 2018
Number of positions available: 2
The Richmond Olympic Oval is a breathtaking venue on the banks of the Fraser River. Located in the City of Richmond, a culturally diverse and geographically unique community centrally located on Canada's West Coast, in Metro Vancouver. The Richmond Olympic Oval is an international centre of excellence for sports, health and wellness, culture and entertainment used by members of our community and those seeking to wear the maple leaf on the international stage.
We are looking for a Sport Attendant (SA) to join our Community Sports team! The SA works in a team environment to ensure patrons have an outstanding and welcoming experience while at the Richmond Olympic Oval. Ensuring patron safety, activity level equipment set up and cleanliness, and customer experience remain paramount in providing sport and event delivery on the main Activity Level. Attendants require a sound background in sport with attention to detail to allow for effective sport programming and events within the facility.
A day in the life of a Sport Attendant includes,
- Welcomes, greets and offers assistance to Oval and Activity Level patrons
- Effectively opens, maintains, and closes the courts or ice according to schedule
- Ensures the ongoing communication with all staff
- Ensures the safety of all members, visitors, staff, and property by following Oval policies and procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Prepares courts, ice, and equipment for upcoming programming, rentals, events, and activities
- Assists in sport program delivery of classes when required • Maintains daily court and ice scheduling and administrative duties through PerfectMind and MS Office
- Conducts inspections, cleaning, and light maintenance duties on various sport equipment
- Maintains a neat, clean, and organized environment, throughout the Activity Level and equipment storage rooms
- Attends staff meetings, education seminars, and events as required
- Maintains regular attendance, punctuality, and be appropriately dressed and well groomed
Your schedule at the Oval will look like,
- Minimum availability required is three (3) days per week, including at least one weekday and one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday). Evening availability is preferred;
- Available to work a flexible work schedule.
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent customer service experience and effective communication skills
- Successful completion of Grade 12
- Knowledgeable experience with PerfectMind software is an asset
- Extensive background within sporting environments
- Availability to work a minimum of three days per week including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Skating proficiency is an asset.
- Valid Standard First Aid and AED Certificate is required.
- Must be able to complete a successful Criminal Record Check.
Why join the Oval?
- Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Access to 20,000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, 4 fitness studios, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum.
- 12% in lieu of benefits on top of your hourly rate.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Opportunity to work in various auxiliary positions at the Richmond Olympic Oval to grow your knowledge and experience.
$15.84 to $17.95 per hour (plus 12% in lieu), depending on experience and qualifications.
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!
Please visit careers.richmondoval.ca to apply!
Location: Richmond, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: June 14, 2018, 1:44 pm
Expires: July 2, 2018, 4:30 pm