Assistant Fire Chief (Operations)
The West Vancouver Fire & Rescue is looking for a team-oriented individual with extensive Fire Department related experience to join our Exempt management team as an Assistant Fire Chief.
Reporting to the Deputy Fire Chief, the Assistant Fire Chief is responsible for:
- Managing and delivering emergency services, operations, planning, training and education of firefighters, fire prevention and fire investigation;
- Performing administrative duties, which will include preparing reports;
- Assuming command during major emergency incidents as the Duty Chief or second on-call Chief;
- Liaising with other Municipal departments, external agencies, community groups and the public; and
- Performing the role of Deputy Chief or Fire Chief in their absence as required.
- Any other duties at the discretion of the Fire Chief
Preferred supplemental relevant post-secondary education includes: an undergraduate degree or diploma, Municipal Administrative Certificate from BCIT, or completion of the Fire Officer Program. Successful applicants who have not completed a preferred education program will be required to successfully complete an executive development program as a condition of employment. The successful candidate will be required to sign an Employment Agreement. To facilitate reasonable response times, exempt first on-call staff living boundaries include any developed area of the North Shore with paved road access, the area north to Lions Bay; and the downtown peninsula of Vancouver. The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
Exempt – Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (on average - hours and days of work may vary). Standby and on-call coverage will also be required.
11:59 p.m. Friday June 22, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.