The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Weight Room AttendantJob ID: 18-62
Job Class: Auxiliary
Employment Group: CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies: 2
Posting Period: June 13 - 24, 2018
The City of Port Moody is looking for enthusiastic and experienced individuals to supervise the weight room and surrounding areas.
This position will provide instruction in and monitor for the safe use of equipment in the weight room while ensuring the aerobics, spinning and weight room equipment and areas are clean, safe and ready to use.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Grade 12 completion, plus a minimum of six months to one year of related weight room experience
- Completion of six months to one year of post-secondary courses in sport sciences or kinesiology or specialized technical certification
- BCRPA weight training module or equivalent certification is required
- BCRPA Personal Trainer Certification or equivalent is preferred
- Standard First Aid and CPR C is required
- Excellent customer service skills and experience instructing and directing weight room patrons
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
Branch/Location Office: Recreation
City: Port Moody
Province: British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly: $25.04
Compensation & Benefits Overview: Plus 12% in lieu of vacation and benefits
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: June 14, 2018, 1:00 pm
Expires: June 24, 2018, 4:30 pm