City of Surrey
Clerk 2 – Accounts Payable
As a Clerk 2 in the Accounts Payable section of the Finance Department, you will perform a variety of entry-level clerical work in a high-volume environment. Work at this level will include repetitive tasks, gathering information, processing documents, data-entry and performing various office duties. The Clerk 2 will be capable of exercising good judgment, understanding and following direction, prioritizing, and working independently.
- You employ attention to detail to maintain a high level of accuracy while performing large volumes of document scanning, sorting and organizing in both hard copy and electronic formats.
- Through teamwork, you will collaborate with other members of the Accounts Payable team and perform other related duties as required.
- Using your excellent interpersonal skills, you will provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Using your outstanding communication skills, you will effectively explain Accounts Payable policies and procedures by telephone, in person and in writing.
- You possess strong organizational skills to ensure timely completion of duties.
- You have the ability to efficiently scrutinize incoming documents against Accounts Payable guidelines and identify non-conforming elements to prevent against errors.
The successful candidate will have completed grade 12, supplemented by courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications and have a minimum of one year of experience and training in an office environment. An accurate typing speed of 45 wpm is required. Strong knowledge of computer skills and applications are also required as the Clerk 2 will operate office equipment such as computers, scanners, and photocopiers.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: June 14, 2018, 10:15 am
Expires: June 21, 2018, 4:30 pm