Marketing & Communications Assistant
Requisition ID: 11362
The Vancouver Public Library (VPL) is the third largest public library system in Canada, with 800 staff members offering services at 22 branches across the city. VPL values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly service. Consider joining our committed team of staff and beingpart of an innovative, inclusive, and rewarding workplace.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Manager of Marketing + Communications (M&C), the incumbent provides administrative support to the M&C team, and contributes to achievement of the department’s service priorities, including materials production, content-generation, online marketing, media/public relations and marketing events.
- Completion of Grade Twelve, supplemented with post-secondary-level courses in marketing/communications/advertising and graphic/communications design, or equivalent.
- Two years of full-time experience in a marketing and communications role required, preferably in the not-for-profit sector or public sector.
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Cloud applications (including InDesign)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to assign and review the work of a small number of clerical staff.
- Skill in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud (including InDesign) and other relevant software.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of office record keeping.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and exercise initiative within guidelines in assessing and acting upon information.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public and media.
The job posting will remain open until filled. We will start reviewing applications on June 11, 2018.
Salary range: $27.99 to $32.94 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package.
While the Library thanks you in advance, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
As the Vancouver Public Library is responsible for the well-being of its patrons, a Criminal Record Check clearance is a condition of employment. Please refer to our policy for further information. Personal information collected is used in accordance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. VPL values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve. Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.