The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Job ID: 2018192
$28.01 to $32.97 per hour
Do you enjoy work involving reconciliation and processing of cash and cheque payments for a variety of services, charges and accounts? If so, we are looking for you! The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full-Time,
We are looking for someone that has:
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external clients.
- Ability to handle and diffuse confrontational situations and work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and possess good analytical skills.
- Ability to organize daily work priorities and activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to accommodate deadlines.
- Knowledge of property tax/water billing requirements.
- Knowledge of the Tempest Point of Sale (POS) system or other computerized cash system.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications required - Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Financial or other terminal based financial operating system.
- Ability to successfully pass a Police Information Check (PIC) for the financial sector.
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by post-secondary coursework, preferably in Accounting and/or Business and two (2) years of related experience is required. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered. Previous experience in customer service and banking is preferred.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID: 2018192, Clerk Treasury is 11:59pm, on June 21, 2018.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.