Supervisor, Parking & Animal Services
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an exempt supervisor to join our Engineering Operations management team!
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the daily operation of both Parking and Animal Services.
- Managing a comprehensive parking strategy, including pricing strategies and technology for on-street and city owned parkades and parking lots.
- Drafting, amending and interpreting related bylaws, as well as developing and maintaining procedures pertaining to the day-to-day compliance of the related bylaws.
- Managing bylaw notice dispute screening and coordinating adjudication hearings with staff and the public.
- Supervising a team of staff, including training, coaching, assigning work and maintaining work flow, reviewing staffing levels, scheduling and timekeeping, performance management and employee development.
- Investigating and responding to internal and external requests for information, compliance, service issues, disputes and concerns.
- Administrative duties including report preparation, accounts payable and financial processes related to the areas of accountability, purchasing of equipment and supplies and building maintenance and repair.
- Liaising with a variety of City departments and external agencies.
If the following skills and characteristics describe you, we want to meet you!
- Grade 12, supplemented by courses in bylaw enforcement, and considerable experience in enforcement and regulatory work related to municipal bylaws, and considerable related supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience as acceptable to the employer may be considered.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline is considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of municipal administration and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the regulations, policies, bylaws, procedures and legislation relating to street traffic, parking and animal control.
- Knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of bylaw enforcement and related provincial court procedures and adjudication hearings.
- Knowledge of the methods and equipment used in the care and handling of aggressive and stray animals.
- Planning and organizational skills to effectively coordinate the provision of a wide range of services.
- Experience in people leadership and management.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to maintain effective working relationships with other City staff.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills to determine effective resource allocation.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel), Tempest and JD Edwards.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
The City of New Westminster offers a very competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter quoting competition #18-86, no later than June 22, 2018 to the following: Human Resources Department City of New Westminster 511 Royal Avenue New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9 Fax: (604)527-4619 E-mail: email@example.com
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Location: New Westminster, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Bylaw Enforcement,Animal Control,Parking/Towing Services
Posted: June 7, 2018, 10:36 am
Expires: June 22, 2018, 4:30 pm