Assistant Program Coordinator - Seniors Outreach
Replacement Temporary Part-Time
The District of West Vancouver Community Services Department has an immediate opening for a replacement temporary part-time Assistant Program Coordinator – Seniors Outreach position. Reporting to the Outreach Program Coordinator, this position will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to the program co-ordinator including composing correspondence and documentation, maintaining records and files, and scheduling meetings and work with administrative staff on registration;
- Meeting with seniors and their families to provide the leisure counselling and support required to continue to be active in their Seniors’ Activity Centre;
- Assisting and supporting the outreach leadership team in the offering of 16 weekly programs to over 300 older seniors;
- Assisting in the planning, promotion and implementation of special events and special projects related to the older adult Keeping Connected Programs;
- Working closely with partnership agencies (e.g. Vancouver Coastal Health, Silver Harbour Seniors Activity centre) to recruit members for the program and provide training opportunities for volunteers and leaders of programs; and,
- Performing other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess: an interest in working with older seniors; experience working with seniors in a recreational setting; ability to work as a member of a team to provide a high standard of recreational programs to older seniors; ability to effectively lead recreation programs to older seniors; understanding of the ACTIVENET registration system; and knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
The successful candidate has completed: post-secondary education in Recreation, Social Sciences, Gerontology or Kinesiology, supplemented by some experience in recreation work, or an equivalent combination of education or experience; and a Driver’s Licence valid in the Province of British Columbia.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
(WVMEA)/Union) – Replacement Temporary Part-Time (Approximately 1 year)
Hours of Work:
22 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$27.99-$32.30 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. Thursday, June 21, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.