City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The Clerk 3 will perform a moderately complex and diversified clerical work in various capacities in Finance. Some of the duties will include data entry and other repetitive tasks of limited complexity. Strong interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing are a must, as the Clerk 3 will be responsible for answering inquiries from internal staff and the public. The Clerk 3 will be capable of exercising good judgment, understanding and following direction, multi-tasking, and working independently.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Prepare varied documents, collect a variety of data.
- Complete document reviews, edits, and document coordination and compose a variety of letters.
- Coordinate daily functions of the office including information distribution, organization, arranging meetings, and preparing agendas, meeting minutes and backup documents.
- Ensure documents are accurate before distributing to internal and external clients.
- Maintain and update various departmental electronic and manual filing systems including distributing mail, filing, archiving, timekeeping entry.
- Assist with co-ordinating departmental events, and coverage for receptionist, which duties include answering telephone inquiries, greeting residents/customers, couriers.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to exercise good judgement in performing the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize.
- Thorough knowledge of Business English, spelling, arithmetic, current office practices, procedures and equipment operation.
- Knowledge of computer office applications and good key board skills.
- Knowledge and skills which related to the department in which the position is required.
A qualified applicant will have the:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by several courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and training in an office environment.
- Must have accurate typing speed of 45 wpm.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: June 6, 2018, 1:03 pm
Expires: July 6, 2018, 4:30 pm