Manager, Purchasing ServicesAre you a procurement professional with experience in contract management and purchasing team supervision? We have an opportunity for a manager, Purchasing Services to provide leadership to a team responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of goods and services and implementation of purchasing policies and programs to our internal clients.
What you’ll do
As the manager, Purchasing Services you will:
- Ensure that purchasing policies, procedures, and standards are appropriately implemented and that funds for the procurement of goods and services are properly tendered
- Promote a customer-focused and service-oriented approach in providing services to external and internal customers
- Lead your team to maintain high levels of service and achieve objectives by creating a supportive working environment and promoting effective communication and teamwork
- Develop and implement operational objectives and action plans, monitor quality and quantity of work, and ensure adequate service levels and operating standards are maintained
- Facilitate the creation and development of competitive processes and third party provider/supplier contract agreements and manage processes and communication involving agreements with service providers and suppliers
- Work with clients to offer creative business solutions
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Think strategically and execute an action plan to achieve objectives
- Create a work environment that encourages and supports the development and success of individuals on your team, enabling them to contribute to the team and reach their maximum potential
- Use well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information, influence others, build relationships, and work collaboratively
- A university degree in business administration, economics, supply chain management, or other relevant fields of study
- A minimum of five years of management experience in a computerized supply chain/purchasing environment with experience in competitive bidding and contract management
- Experience in public procurement is preferred
- A professional certification from a recognized and accredited supply management association or institute
- Working knowledge of business management principles and practices
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment is an asset
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
If you’re the successful applicant, we’ll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you’ll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we’ll confirm your offer of employment.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit our career page at www.worksafebc.com and select Current Opportunities to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related
to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: June 28, 2018
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Procurement/Purchasing/Inventory
Posted: June 5, 2018, 3:25 pm
Expires: June 28, 2018, 4:30 pm