Regular Full Time
The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in B.C. with home to more than 140,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through development of our green spaces, arts & culture, urban design and state-of-the art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The City has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Water Superintendent due to the recent promotion of the previous long-term incumbent. Reporting to the Manager, Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing the operation, maintenance, and repair of the City’s rapidly growing Level IV Water Distribution system consisting of 13 pump stations, 8 reservoirs, numerous PRV and SCADA monitored sites, and 500 kilometers of water mains. Your proven effectiveness as a supervisor or manager will enable you to supervise, mentor, and organize a staff of 29 involved in all aspects of water distribution and environmental protection.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance with safety and regulatory requirements
- Short and long term staffing and equipment planning
- Ability to effectively prepare and monitor budgets
- Promoting safe work practices
- Setting performance and quality targets
- Maintaining an efficient and cost effective maintenance program
- Coordination of crews and notification of appropriate authorities in the event of major system incidents.
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Technology or related field
- Eligible for certification with ASTTBC
- E.O.C.P. Water Distribution Level IV certification
- Minimum 5-7 years related experience at a managerial/supervisory level
- Knowledge of all applicable standards and regulations
- Strong leadership and management capabilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external customers and stakeholders.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Water Services
Posted: June 5, 2018, 11:08 am
Expires: July 13, 2018, 5:00 pm