One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
The City of Delta has an exciting full-time opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated professional with proven skills, energy and leadership as the Fitness/Wellness Programmer in our Parks, Recreation & Culture Department. This position will assist the Fitness Coordinator in planning, developing and implementing personal training and fitness programs associated with the fitness/weight areas at various recreational facilities and promoting fitness and wellness in the community.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
- supervising the work of subordinates and instructors engaged in fitness areas and other fitness related activities;
- developing new fitness and wellness programs as well as improving existing programs, and promoting interest in such;
- ensuring maintenance of the fitness areas;
- orienting clients to the fitness areas; and
- supervising the day-to-day delivery of personal training and group fitness.
As the successful candidate, you will have considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of personal training, fitness and wellness programming and current trends. You will also possess a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in the fitness industry, along with the ability to develop, plan, schedule, implement, evaluate and recommend changes to personal training and fitness programs. Excellent customer service skills are necessary.
Required Licences, Certificates and Registrations:
- Driver's Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
- St. John’s First Aid Certificate or equivalent and CPR Certificate Level C.
- Registered Fitness Appraiser or equivalent in another recognized agency and willingness to register with BCRPA (canfitpro, CSEP, NSCA, ACE, ACSM).
- Registered with BCRPA Fitness Leadership Registration Program or equivalent in another recognized agency.
- Supervisor of Fitness Leaders Certificate or equivalent in another recognized agency.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $27.99 - $32.94 (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan. Interested should apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition #18-52 EX (B) by
July 8, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.