Director – Facilities & Transportation ServicesServing a diverse, multicultural urban centre, the Surrey School District is a progressive district offering a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff. Spread across one of the largest and fastest growing cities in British Columbia, we are the city’s largest employer. We provide quality education to over 72,000 students with over 130 schools and other facilities and an annual budget of over $800 million. We are proud of our multiple awards including BC Top Employer 2017 and BC Hydro Power Smart Excellence Awards.
The District is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director, Facilities & Transportation Services. This position reports to the Assistant Secretary Treasurer and has a key role on the Business Leadership Team. The Director leads an exemplary team of professionals and trades staff in various disciplines including custodial, transportation and grounds.
The Director of Facilities & Transportation Services provides leadership and directs initiatives designed to ensure support consistent to the School District’s policies, vision, mission, and value statements. The Director contributes to the strategic goals by:
- Modelling ethical leadership throughout all relationships;
- Modelling a focus on safety;
- Identifying, developing and implementing strategies, goals and objectives as well as policies, systems and procedures for managing District infrastructure, maintenance and physical operations;
- Providing excellent customer service to school communities including fellow employees, third party users of school services, and of course - school children and their parents;
- Working closely and in collaboration with Union partners.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An engineering or architecture degree; or an equivalent combination of post-secondary training and experience, as well as certification in the field of facilities management;
- Leadership capabilities in the areas of collaboration, teamwork, engaging others, and driving change;
- A successful track record as a senior manager of both facilities and personnel, preferably in a complex, public sector environment;
- Demonstrated evidence of providing effective human resource management, building strong teams and working productively with the Union;
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation;
- Strong financial planning and management experience with operating and capital budgets;
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, make decisions and facilitate resolution of issues;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize projects and workload to meet deadlines and budget;
- The proven ability to lead as well as be a team-player.
The Surrey School District offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
Qualified and interested applicants should apply no later than June 22, 2018, apply online at www.makeafuture.ca/surrey or forward their application, cover letter, resume and references, quoting competition number to:
Human Resources Department
School District No. 36 (Surrey)
14033 - 92nd Avenue
Surrey, BC V3V 0B7
Note: Successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment. Only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Transportation & Highways,Facilities Management/Development,Executive / Administrative Management
Posted: June 5, 2018, 9:21 am
Expires: June 22, 2018, 4:30 pm