Project Manager – Water Metering Implementation
18 – 24 Month Term
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) is seeking a Project Manager to work on a term contract for the duration of a water metering implementation project. The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation and project management of water meter implementation for eleven (11) small community water systems throughout the TNRD.
In total there are approximately 1100 water services in the TNRD that require new water meter installations. The majority (~ 70%) of the meters will be installed in meter pits at property line, while approximately 30% will be installed inside homes and other buildings.
You would be required to liaise with the Utilities department and throughout the organization as well as with external Contractors to effectively coordinate and deliver meter implementation within the established schedule, budget and scope of this project. Accountable to the Manager of Utility Services and guided by the objectives and requirements of the approved grant funding, you will enhance our water services and support equity and fairness in water customer billing practices while aiding in the achievement of the TNRD’s vision of being the Region of BC’s Best.
The anticipated duration of the TNRD water metering implementation project is 18 to 24 months, with the possibility of an extension.
Expectations: You will serve as project manager, directing project teams and providing technical direction to ensure desired project performance objectives are met. The Project Manager:
- Develops, manages and implements a third party meter implementation program including all technical details of data acquisition and harmonization with TNRD processes and record keeping.
- Co-ordinates, directs and manages consultant and contractor resources on behalf of the TNRD in the performance of projects.
- Develops and coordinates the review and approval of technical standards, operating procedures and policies for customer metering and billing.
- Develops formal project documents including request for proposals (RFP’s), tenders, schedules, key performance indicators amongst others, and ensures project management is consistent with best management practices.
- Grant reporting, financial reporting, and co-ordinates processing of payments and invoices.
- Engages stakeholders and the public where required through the meter implementation process and provides customer service in resolving customer and field related issues. This includes development of communications materials to water service customers with the guidance of the TNRD Communications Department.
- Acts as a resource to provide research, data, interpretation and recommendations based on sound metering industry standards and practices.
- Supervises procurement of major services, materials, supplies, and equipment (including meter selection), develops and supports service agreements and contracts, develops and awards Tenders, RFP’s, RFQ’s and manages scope to fit within approved funding.
- Writes reports and memos for grant reporting, customers, staff, and management.
- Other duties as required as part of this contract.
Your Skills and Experience Include:
- Directly relevant post-secondary education, such as a diploma in Civil or Environmental Engineering Technology, Environmental Science or a related discipline.
- C.E.T, P.ENG. and/or PMP designation would be an asset.
- Minimum of five years’ of experience in managing water metering programs and management of related capital projects within the municipal water sector.
- Experience with integration of water meter data collection systems with financial/billing software (e.g. Vadim) would be an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A valid Class 5 drivers licence with a good driving record.
- Knowledge of all water-related project phases (including conceptual design, pre-design, detailed design, and contract administration).
- Excellent understanding of municipal water infrastructure, home plumbing standards, water metering technologies, and water meter installation best practices.
- Ability to manage project scope, budget and meet tight deadlines as well as properly coordinate the efforts of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable legislation including the BC Building Code.
- Knowledge of water industry and municipal and provincial regulations related to groundwater water supply and treatment, operation and maintenance and environmental compliance.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders, the media and the general public.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to analyze data, perform calculations and work with large amounts of data.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook). This is a fixed-term contract position.
Please email your expression of interest, including information on your qualifications and experience (resume or CV) to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on June 20, 2018.
Thank you for considering the Thompson-Nicola Regional District as a place to share your talents!
Location: Kamloops, BC
Region: Thompson / Shuswap / Columbia
Professional Categories: Engineering,Project Management
Posted: June 4, 2018, 12:38 pm
Expires: June 20, 2018, 4:00 pm