Accounting Supervisor (Financial Advisor)Finance & Technology – Financial Services
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$42.44 - $48.13 per hour (2016 rates)
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on June 12, 2018
Summary The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the Accounting & Banking section and has 3 areas of focus: the preparation of the year-end financial statements and the annual audit process, designing and implementing organizational asset management practices related to tangible capital asset data, and advising senior financial advisors on business process and system changes related to accounting treatment of complex transactions including implementation of new accounting standards to ensure the accurate alignment of the financial statements with Public Sector Accounting Standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides supervision and training to Accounting & Banking staff to ensure efficient systems and procedures are developed and maintained including financial statement and year-end reporting.
- Recommends and supports enhanced transparency and the quality of financial reporting by advising co-workers on required approaches and statutory requirements and setting and recommending changes in practice on the corporate interpretation of complex accounting issues.
- Researches and updates business processes and recommends policy and procedure systems that improve efficiencies and internal controls based on best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the production of the organization’s financial statements through collaborating with Financial Services staff to gather data and requirements for the annual audit process, and ensuring that the consolidation is correct and that PSAB standards are adhered to.
- Liaises with the CRD’s external auditors responding to queries and providing requested data and information on reported financial results.
- Provides analysis and background information on year-end reporting and works with Manager to create the Board Staff Report to be presented to the CRD Board. Provides analysis, recommendations and supports clients in the development of long-term asset management plans to support organizational goals for long term planning including direction on standard approaches to the maintenance and integration of lifecycle assumptions.
- Oversees the Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) database and provides modeling, information and interpretative advice to internal stakeholders related to long-term capital planning and asset management.
- Assists the asset management program in the continuing development and maintenance of systems, capital asset policies and procedures to ensure adherence to PSAB, including standards for periodic assessment and reporting of the physical condition of tangible capital assets.
- Ensures financial statement and asset management related changes and upgrades are developed, tested and implemented in the ERP system, as the subject matter expert, in collaboration with Information Technology staff.
- Assists CRD departments in determining sustainment of assets through review of inter-department asset management initiatives.
- Assists in gap and risk analysis of the CRD asset infrastructure as required.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- CPA designation and a degree in related discipline, such as Commerce or Accounting plus six (6) related years’ experience in a large accounting environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Experience with preparation of year-end working papers, financial statements and consolidations, account reconciliations.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to engineering, finance, planning and other qualified professional staff and executives in ways that aid in learning and bring alignment to the organization across departments and divisions.
- Experience in working with an ERP system, such as SAP
- Ability to evaluate systems and make recommendations for improvements or changes.
- Knowledge of developing financial policy and procedures, analysis procedures & best practices
- Demonstrated ability to train, provide clarification to non-technical customers, educate staff, and tailor industry standard material to meet corporate needs.
- Strong analytical and initiative skills.
- Must have sound judgment, good attention to detail, and the ability to deal effectively with senior staff and outside agencies.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer word processing, spreadsheet and project scheduling programs and databases.
- Proven ability in consolidating year-end financial statements and working papers.
- Knowledge of and experience in working on an enterprise information system with senior responsibilities for a corporate function such as asset accounting and/or asset management.
- Proficient knowledge of multi-fund accounting in a local government or institutional setting including participation in preparation and consolidation of financial statements for a large organization.
- Ability to assist in the development, integration and sustainment of an enterprise financial system.
- Ability to work well under pressure as well as set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- NAMS Plus training is an asset.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence (Class #5).
Applications To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”. The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: June 4, 2018, 10:04 am
Expires: June 19, 2018, 4:30 pm