As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
City of Surrey
Regular Part Time
Community Services Assistant 5 (Programmer)
Non standard work week
The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment Arena operations are looking for a Community Services Assistant 5 to help ensure our programs meet the needs of the community at all 5 of our Arenas.
- Plan, schedule and implement Arena programs which may include but are not limited to: Learn to Skate lessons, Hockey programs, public drop in programs, day camps, special events and birthday parties.
- Assist with hiring and training of staff and volunteers for a variety of Arena programs.
- Supervise staff and volunteers.
- Provide customer service and handle questions, customer needs, concerns and complaints.
- Assist members of the community to recreate, participate together as a family and feel like a welcomed member of their community
- Assist with other administrative tasks when necessary.
- Graduation from a recognized university or college level program.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in recreation including supervisory experience.
- Possess an Emergency First Aid Certificate and CPR certificate.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Possess High Five or an equivalent is consifered an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Great customer service, conflict resolution skills, time management skills, and programming experience are a must.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca