The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Tourism Development Liaison
Job ID: 2018249
Approximately 2 years
$69,490 - $86,862 annually
Team Richmond, a partnership between key stakeholders in the Richmond tourism sector, is looking for an extraordinary facilitator and implementer in the tourism sector. Reporting to the Manager, Economic Development, the Temporary Full-Time Tourism Development Liaison position is responsible for the advancement of the City’s tourism portfolio by implementing joint projects with the City’s two major tourism stakeholders – the Richmond Hotel Association and the Richmond Tourism Association.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Knowledge of the tourism sector structure in Richmond, the region and the Province, including tourism sector organizations, key assets, service providers, etc.
- Familiarity with the legislative and policy framework governing tourism sector development funding in the region.
- Knowledge and experience of project management and stakeholder facilitation in the tourism sector or similar industry.
- Ability to break down complex issues, identify the root cause of the problem, and recommend actions to addressing both the immediate issue and the root cause.
- Ability to adjust project plans and advance projects due to ongoing internal and external stakeholder input.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with the public and internal and external contacts consistent with the corporate customer service principles and provide information, assistance and interpretations as required.
- Ability to work within parameters of standard business practices for turnaround times and quality of work and take necessary actions to achieve project objectives and deliver implementation results.
Position Requirements: A Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Business Administration or Tourism Management, supplemented by a minimum of two (2) years hands-on project management experience in a multi-stakeholder environment in the tourism development sector or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today! For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment.
The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.