Our Facilities department is seeking a service-oriented team player to join our team as a power engineer. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of mechanical equipment located on WorkSafeBC premises.
What you’ll do
As a power engineer you will:
- Carry out preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment, troubleshoot, and take corrective action to prevent equipment or system failures
- Operate and maintain a variety of mechanical equipment, machinery, and systems, including but not limited to, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air conditioning
- Maintain gas-fired machinery
- Install, repair, and remove all maintenance-related equipment and design HVAC and plumbing systems
- Requisition materials and prepare estimates for the completion of projects and repairs
- Schedule and oversee contractors when they are on site
- Interact with Life Safety Systems and equipment
- Ensure proper permits and documentation are kept up to date
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Ensure all work performed meets appropriate safety, regulatory, quality standards, and manufacturers’ specifications, as well as ensure that all lockout procedures are followed
- Schedule work assignments of varying complexity within a Direct Digital Controlled, minimum 350,000 square foot complex
- Assess and analyze a variety of technical information, problems, and client needs, and take appropriate action in a timely manner to ensure a safe and comfortable environment
- Interpret, clarify, and convey information in graphic, written, and spoken formats to technical and non-technical individuals or groups
- Develop and maintain respectful relationships with contractors and co-workers, and work productively in a team environment
- Work in a dynamic work environment, where prioritization of tasks is required
- Be on call 24 hours per day on a rotational basis and work overtime as required
- Work one shift on the weekend
Your experience and educational background
- A grade 12 diploma plus a valid 4th class stationary engineer’s trade certificate
- A minimum of three years of directly related power engineer experience working with HVAC and mechanical equipment
- A low voltage electrical ticket or a computer science certificate or diploma is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Reliable and Delta Controls
- Familiarity with system-computer interfacing is required
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward a defined benefit pension plan. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit our career page at www.worksafebc.com and select See Job Openings to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: June 28, 2018
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.