City of Surrey
Engineering Assistant 2 – Transportation Infrastructure
(Regular Full Time)
Reporting to the Transportation Infrastructure Manager, this intermediate technical position will provide support and assistance to senior Engineering staff in performing moderately complex technical work and associated administrative responsibilities related to the completion of a variety of multi modal transportation planning and engineering activities and projects.
- Performing technical duties in project management, planning, reporting, and design of projects for all modes of transportation.
- Reviewing project designs, performing field inspections, undertaking technical assessment and responding to inquiries from internal staff, contractors, consultants and the public plus the collection and analysis of data.
- Managing related Transportation Infrastructure projects as the project sponsor and undertaking of policy and technical research and assessments as required.
- Coordinating with the project team and associated project management duties.
- Preparation of scope technical documentation, and funding applications to external agencies.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with internal staff, external agencies including TransLink and the Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure and responding to enquiries from consultants and the public.
- Completion of a two year diploma in a discipline of Civil Engineering Technology relevant to the position from a recognized post-secondary institution with exposure to relevant engineering work.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and eligibility for membership with the Engineering and Geoscientists of BC may be considered for the position, and the work performed in the role may be recognized towards EGBC work experience requirements.
- You will have good knowledge and interest in all aspects of urban transportation including transit, walking, and cycling.
- You must have superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- You must possess the ability to communicate and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups including the general public, internal municipal staff and external private and government agencies.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering
Posted: May 18, 2018, 10:43 am
Expires: June 18, 2018, 4:30 pm