Human Resources AdvisorAttendance Support, Disability Management, CUPE Recruitment & Wellness
(Full-Time Exempt Position)
The Greater Victoria School District provides public educational services to over 20,000 students in the Greater Victoria Area, encompassing six municipalities. To provide this service, the District has a current operating budget of $190 million and employs approximately 3,000 staff; which includes, teachers, principals and vice-principals, support staff, psychologists, speech and language pathologists and exempt managerial staff.
Reporting to the District Principal of Human Resource Services, the Human Resources Advisor, Attendance Support, Disability Management, CUPE Recruitment & Wellness will work closely with leadership staff in managing medical leaves, health promotion, recruiting CUPE staff and providing attendance support.
This is an ideal career step for someone committed to developing their skills and expertise in Human Resources.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A university degree in a related field, demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning supplemented by 2 years’ experience within a large unionized environment.
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in the areas of recruiting, wellness, attendance support, disability management, accommodation and return to work.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and arbitrations.
- Strong coaching, facilitation, training and communication skills; as well as a high degree of discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- The ability to compile and analyze data.
- Excellent computer skills including experience working with a Human Resource Information System.
This is a full-time exempt position.
Please submit application to:
Human Resource Services
Greater Victoria School District No. 61
556 Boleskine Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 1E8
or by fax: 250-475-4113 or email: email@example.com
Deadline for submissions: 4:00 PM, Wednesday May 30, 2018.
School District 61 thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Human Resources
Posted: May 17, 2018, 3:08 pm
Expires: May 30, 2018, 4:00 pm