Manager, Major Project
(3 Year Term)
The Office of the CAO has an exciting new opportunity for a Manager, Major Projects. Reporting to the CAO, you will provide leadership and direction to the Special Projects Division by coordinating, monitoring and managing all the City’s major capital projects to ensure they are on time, and within budget and scope. You will also review and make recommendations on any required revisions to the project scope, budget, and timeline, and advise on project risks, and provide risk mitigation strategies. As well, you will build effective team relationships and encourage a productive and positive workplace to achieve improved efficiencies and high quality results on projects.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Completion of a university degree in architecture or civil/structural engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years’ project management experience in the large, complex, multi- disciplinary projects in the building design and construction field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BC registration as a Professional Engineer or Architect.
- Knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of all areas of the building design and construction field.
- Knowledge of municipal functions, programs, and relevant codes, bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Extensive experience with public tendering processes.
- An ability to write impactful reports and deliver compelling presentations to City Council, Senior Management Team, residents, stakeholders, colleagues, staff.
- A track record of problem-solving and balanced judgement under pressure.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- An unyielding commitment to continuous improvement.
- Good discretion, tact, and the ability to work easily with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills to focus diverse groups of professionals around clear goals, then monitor progress towards those goals.
- Superior research and analytical skills to review and assess design and construction scope of projects and develop budgets.
The City of New Westminster offers a very competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter quoting competition #18-70, no later than June 6, 2018 to the following:
Human Resources Department City of New Westminster
511 Royal Avenue
New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9
Fax: 604-527-4619 E-mail: email@example.com
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.