District of Peachland
Parks & Facilities Leadhand
The District of Peachland is accepting applications for a permanent full time Parks and Facilities Leadhand. Reporting to the Director of Community Services the Parks and Facilities Leadhand supervises and participates in the maintenance of green spaces, trails, sports fields, parks, beach, docks, wharfs and Municipal facilities and buildings.
Key Job Duties:
- Supervise and participate in landscaping functions
- Install landscaping and irrigation systems
- Coordinate building maintenance program
- Coordinate snow removal by hand and with small equipment
- Ensure the maintenance and repair of public wharfs and docks
The normal work day shall consist of a scheduled period of up to eight consecutive hours of work and the normal work week shall consist of up to five consecutive days, followed by two consecutive days off.
Hours of Work
This is a CUPE Local 608 position with a comprehensive benefits package and a rate of $32.92 per hour.
- High School Graduation plus a 2 year program such as Horticulture Program, Turf Management, Landscape Technician or Building Maintenance
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Pesticide Applicator License
- Supervisory Courses
5806 Beach Avenue
Peachland, B.C. V0H 1X7 or Email: email@example.com
Location: Peachland, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Facilities Management/Development
Posted: May 16, 2018, 3:26 pm
Expires: June 1, 2018, 4:00 pm