Records & Information Management Coordinator
Regional District of Central Kootenay - Nelson, BC
The Regional District of Central Kootenay is inviting applications for the permanent, full time position of Records & Information Management Coordinator
This exciting opportunity is based in the beautiful city of Nelson BC, a world-class recreational playground with all the comforts of today's amenities and lots of exciting things to do and see year round. This community offers all the benefits of small town living, boasts a strong and diverse economy and thriving business sector, has convenient access to parks, great schools and heath care services, and is located just a few hours away from major city centers. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including cultural events and theatre, skiing, hiking, biking, much more!
The Records and Information Management Coordinator’s primary focus is to utilize their strong foundation in Records and Information Management to administer, promote and maintain the records and information management programs for the RDCK. Using records management concepts, principals and best practices, this position works collaboratively with staff, providing guidance and training, change management support and technical assistance to ensure compliance with the Records Management Program. This position additionally provides support to other members of the Corporate Administration Department to facilitate the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
The Regional District of Central Kootenay is one of the largest Regional Districts in British Columbia and our busy Corporate Administration Department provides leadership and support to a diverse range of people and services across the Region. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity in a fast-paced and growing department. The successful applicant will be offered a generous vacation and benefits package.
The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of information management technologies and experience with new software implementation. For a complete list of the required knowledge, skills and abilities required to be successful in this position please see the full job description on our website.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Include:
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field such as information management, archival studies, records management, or information science OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of related work experience, preferably in a local government setting.
- Information technology training and/or relative experience working with various information technology systems related to records management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change processes in a complex environment.
- Proven ability to be a team player across all levels and departments of the organization, able to take direction and work independently to achieve organizational goals.
- A strong working knowledge and ability to interpret information management legislation and guidelines.
- Ability to collaborate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal contacts and consultants.
- Ability to prepare a variety of materials such as presentations, reports and correspondence and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
This posting, along with a detailed job description, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position will be accepted by Human Resources until 8am Monday June 4, 2018.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
Phone: (250) 352-8150
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions with the RDCK Environmental Services Department over the next six months.