19 – 24 Avenue South
Cranbrook BC V1C 3H8
Phone: (250) 489-2791 or 1-888-478-7335
Operator 3 (Water/Wastewater)
The Regional District of East Kootenay serves 56,000 permanent residents and about 30,000 seasonal residents. We are looking for a high energy individual excited about becoming a key member of our team; a team that is dedicated to providing quality local government services in an efficient, effective and friendly manner. The Operator 3 is supervised by the Senior Operator and works out of the Columbia Valley office located just outside of Invermere and is responsible for servicing of water and wastewater systems.
- Progressive experience (minimum five years) maintaining water and wastewater utilities, preferably in a local government setting;
- Class III Water Treatment and Water Distribution Operator Certificates;
- Class II Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificates;
- Possession of a Chlorine Handling Certificate;
- Valid British Columbia Driver’s Licence;
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems and applicable government regulations;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SCADA monitoring systems; and
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with contractors, developers, applicable regulating agencies, staff, and the general public.
The RDEK offers a great work environment and an attractive total compensation package, which includes a competitive salary, excellent benefits, a modified work week and learning opportunities. This is a permanent, fulltime (35 hours per week) Union position with a starting hourly rate of $34.08 and an increase to $35.77, after successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
If you are interested in joining an organization with a reputation of being a great place to work, and you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter, with references, no later than 4:30pm, Friday June 1, 2018 to:
Email: email@example.com [MS Word format or PDF]
Lori Engler, Human Resources Manager
Information on our organization and a complete job description are available on the RDEK website (www.rdek.bc.ca/careers).
We thank all who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.