The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Equipment Operator IVJob ID: 18-47
Job Class: Regular Full-time
Employment Group: CUPE 825 (Outside)
# of Vacancies: 1
Posting Period: May 14 - 27, 2018
The City of Port Moody is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual to provide seasonal Parks assistance. This position will operate a variety of machines and mobile equipment and will perform excavation and construction duties while following operational and safety procedures.
This position will operate various equipment such as sweeper, combination sewer flusher truck, backhoe, flail, multi-use hooklift truck and snow plow while avoiding hazards by using equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The Equipment Operator IV will plan, organize and implement excavation sites and ensure safe shoring and drainage.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Police Information Check as well as a satisfactory Driver's Abstract.
Please apply online @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date..
- Secondary school graduation (Grade 12)
- Five years of job related experience operating a variety of machinery and mobile equipment in multiple locations
- Applying asphalt, salt and sand
- Knowledge of proper snow plowing procedures
- Traffic control and flagging
- Knowledge of shoring and drainage methods
- Site preparation, location of utilities and excavation
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Must display mechanical aptitude
- Class 3 Driver's License with Air Endorsement
Branch/Location Office: Works Yard
City: Port Moody
Province: British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly: $31.18 - 33.57
Compensation & Benefits Overview:
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Equipment Operator/Maintenance
Posted: May 15, 2018, 10:51 am
Expires: May 27, 2018, 4:30 pm