BC Public Service
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Victoria or Coquitlam
Lead Data Architect
Salary $73,768.80- $84,361.58 annually
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund. The Ministry opens up B.C. through innovative, forward-thinking transportation strategies that move people and goods safely, and fuel our provincial economy.
To deliver on the Ministry's mandate, the Information Management Branch supports the Ministry’s IM/IT requirements with innovative and responsive services. The Branch partners with central agencies and service providers in the provision of timely, cost effective solutions.
The Lead Data Architect provides expert direction, outlines broad context, determines major long-term strategic priorities, develops policies and sets standards for data administration and the Ministry’s data architecture, ensuring integrity for the Ministry’s data resource, and making the Ministry a leader in managing information for effective business use. This role encompasses working with staff and management as necessary to advocate for quality, integrity and integration of data across varied business areas; resolving data issues that place the ministry at significant risk by clearly defining future data issues to senior management; and representing the ministry on government-wide information resource management committees.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in computer science field or business or equivalent and four years of related experience; or,
- Diploma in computer science field or business or equivalent and six years of related experience; or,
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent and ten years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience setting Data Architecture standards.
- 2 years of experience providing Data Architecture services, in a development environment using standard data modelling and database tools.
- 2 years of experience supervising staff.
- 1 year of experience leading project teams.
- Experience leading data integration efforts.
To learn more, including how to apply online by June 4, 2018, please visit: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/50648
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Information Technology
Posted: May 15, 2018, 9:57 am
Expires: June 4, 2018, 4:30 pm