Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
One position is currently available to be located in Coquitlam (preferred), however Victoria may be considered for the successful applicant.
$61,665.45 - $70,367.02 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund.
To deliver on the Ministry’s mandate, the Information Management Branch (IMB) provides information management and information technology (IM/IT) services to our clients at the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure and B.C. citizens. With the support from our service providers, the IMB develops and maintains a number of web-based line-of-business applications including the famous drivebc.ca.
The Network Analyst plans and designs network communications services for multiple clients within the Transportation Sector.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in computer science field or business or related field and two years related experience; or
- Diploma in computer science field or business or related field and four years related experience; or
- High school and eight years of related experience.
- Enrollment in Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification training. Preference may be given to applicants who have acquired complete CCNA and CCNP certifications.
- Minimum one year of experience with cellular connectivity.
- Minimum one year of experience with CISCO or Juniper CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Minimum of one year of experience developing detailed documentation of network equipment inventories.
- Preference may be given to applicants with the following experience:
- Experience in Information Technology Security.
- Experience with fiber optic based systems.
- Experience in structured cabling.
For more information and to apply online by June 4, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/50802