District of Kitimat
Deputy Municipal Engineer
Kitimat is a major industrial centre located at the head of the Douglas Channel in Northwestern BC. A modern, prosperous community of approximately 8000 people, Kitimat offers excellent recreational opportunities, reasonably priced housing and a high quality, family-oriented lifestyle.
The District of Kitimat seeks a Professional Engineer to join the Engineering Services Department. Reporting to the Director of Engineering Services, the successful candidate will assist in the effective delivery of Building Inspection, Bylaw Enforcement and Technical Engineering services for the municipality.
The successful candidate will be responsible:
- To perform a range of engineering and project management work including design; document preparation; specifications; contract administration; budgetary oversight; cost estimates; scheduling; and report writing. • To work with consultants and liaises with internal departments and external contacts including member municipalities, regulatory agencies and the general public; works on multiple simultaneous projects in various stages of completion. • To research, analyze, interpret, and study technical information. Make conclusions and diagnoses problems based on a sound understanding and application of engineering principles. • To perform other related duties as required.
- University bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Membership or eligibility for immediate membership as a registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Minimum of 5 years progressive related municipal experience
- Ability to interpret and apply standard engineering and related guidelines to area of specialty such as technical manuals, codes and regulations, contracting policies, safety regulations and corporate and board policies
- Demonstrated contract administration and project management skills
- Sound written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including letter, report writing, and presentation skills
- Skill in dealing tactfully and sensitively in a variety of situations including contact with the public, member municipalities, government agencies and contractors
- Ability to work under general direction and use sound independent judgment in adapting and applying procedures to address and resolve unusual or problem situations
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Access, and working knowledge of Autodesk Land Development and Civil Design Software
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s license
This regular full-time exempt position will appeal to those seeking a challenging career opportunity. In return, we offer an appropriate balance between work and home life, and a competitive benefits package. If this sounds like the opportunity you would enjoy, please submit your resume to HR Manager, at HR@kitimat.ca by May 25, 2018.
Community Information can be obtained from our website at www.kitimat.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Kitimat, BC
Region: North Coast / Nechako
Professional Categories: Engineering
Posted: May 14, 2018, 10:03 am
Expires: May 25, 2018, 4:30 pm