Clerk Typist 2 (Parking Services
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
DEPARTMENT: Engineering Operations
NO. OF POSITIONS: One
UNION: CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK: 21 to 28 hours per week*
SALARY: $22.98 – $26.89 per hour plus 12% in lieu of all benefits
The City of New Westminster is seeking a professional and customer service focused individual to assist with a variety of clerical duties within the Parking Services section. You will assist with receiving incoming calls from a multi-line switchboard; responding to inquiries regarding parking tickets, violations and bylaws; providing assistance and information to the public; processing disputes, parking permits and payments; dispatching Street Use and Parking Enforcement Officers; liaising with various City Departments and external stakeholders; processing mail and other correspondence; and performing other related clerical duties as required.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have a positive, energetic “can-do” approach to work.
- You have completed Grade 12, including or supplemented by commercial business courses plus considerable related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience as acceptable to the Employer will be considered.
- It is considered an asset if you have experience with Tempest, Ticket Manager and mapping software.
- You have thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- You have considerable knowledge of applicable rules and regulations, methods and procedures governing departmental operations.
- You have sound knowledge of recordkeeping, related clerical functions and modern office practices and procedures.
- You have the ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records, files, reports and correspondence.
- You have the ability to deal effectively with internal and external contacts in processing complex enquiries, contentious complaints and in providing a wide range of information.
- You have the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; and to provide exceptional customer service.
- You have the ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- You have the ability to demonstrate effective conflict resolution skills.
- You have the ability to exercise initiative and complete routine clerical duties and other tasks with minimum supervision.
- You have the ability to effectively organize work priorities.
- You have the ability to effectively use PC industry standard applications/software (ie. Microsoft Office Suite) and to operate common office equipment.
- You must have a minimum typing proficiency of 45 wpm.
*Assignment length will be 3 to 4 months with a possibility of extension.Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #18-71, by May 25, 2018 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Location: New Westminster, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: May 11, 2018, 11:50 am
Expires: May 25, 2018, 4:30 pm