City of Surrey
Parks Operations Coordinator – Landscape Operations
The City of Surrey is one of the fastest growing and culturally diverse cities in Canada. Recognized as a top employer, we are dedicated to building a vibrant, progressive, world-class city that enhances quality of life for our citizens, while delivering meaningful and rewarding career opportunities for our employees.
The City of Surrey’s Parks Division aims to ensure that our more than 200 parks and trails are well-designed and maintained to meet the needs of our growing communities. As part of that commitment, we’re looking for a Parks Operations Coordinator – Landscape Operations to help lead a large team of professionals who are committed to maintaining Surrey’s parks and green spaces.
Reporting to the Superintendent Horticulture & Landscape, the Parks Operations Coordinator plans, coordinates and delivers the full range of horticultural and grounds maintenance services to the City’s inventory of developed parkland and streetscapes. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and monitoring annual work plans, capital renovation projects, contracts, budgets, and applications for grants and donations.
- Supervising staff, volunteers and contractors
- Assisting in recruitment and training
- Organizing and facilitating community meetings
- Resolving issues in consultation with the community, government agencies, and non-government agencies
We’re looking for a proven leader who can supervise a large team and make quick decisions with diplomacy, tact and fairness. They will have:
- A comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, standards, guidelines and materials used in park maintenance and construction work.
- Experience in program planning.
- Strong leadership and training skills.
- Superior public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Great analytical skills, with the ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment and initiative while performing the duties of the position.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Our candidates must also have:
- Graduated from a recognized University or college, or technical institute with five years related experience; or
- Graduated from a recognized vocational school complete with a trade qualification and a combination of knowledge and experience.
- A Valid B.C. Driver’s License.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: May 11, 2018, 9:43 am
Expires: May 25, 2018, 4:30 pm