City of Surrey
Reporting to the Current Planning Management team, this is a highly complex professional and technical position requiring considerable expertise to review land development application and reports while ensuring compliance with bylaws, regulations and policies. The Environmental Planner will work on a number of high-profile projects and provide guidance to both staff and consultants.
- You will bring your expertise of environmental planning to review and process complex development applications as well as technical reports and projects.
- You have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and will liaise with other departments, consultants, municipalities, governmental agencies, community and environmental groups.
- Your leadership skills will be put to good use as you lead team and task forces, supervisor staff as well as provide guidance and training to staff and external agents.
- You have as strong sense of urgency and will respond to inquiries and emergencies related but not limited to pollution, fisheries, wildlife, water quality, and stream and habitat protection.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A University degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related discipline and a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Registered as a Professional Biologist (R.P. Bio)
- Directly related experience with a municipality or other public sector organization is considered an asset.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca