Recreation Facility Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS: One
UNION: CUPE local 387
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
SALARY: $41,967 - $49,107 annually
New Westminster Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a dynamic, outgoing and friendly Recreation Facility Clerk to play a frontline role at the Parks and Recreation Administration Office. You enjoy working in a fast-paced recreation environment where excellence in customer service is essential. The Recreation Facility Clerk will perform clerical work, including payroll, typing and filing, cashier, registration, and reception duties.
- Completion of Grade 12/equivalent, including or supplemented by commercial courses, preferably including elementary accounting and word processing, plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Sound knowledge of organized recreation principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of computer applications related to the work performed (knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007, CLASS, Perfect Mind, Kronos and POS would be preferred).
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices related to the work performed.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills as necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, staff, program participants and rental customers.
- Ability to prepare, organize and administer registration procedures and to perform telephone operation and receptionist duties.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independence of actions and judgment.
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical and cashiering tasks including, filing, typing, payroll data entry, program registration and facility booking.
- Ability to maintain and order a variety of supplies and services and to process invoices for payment.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #18-72, by May 25, 2018 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604) 527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.