One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Parks Usage Analys
The City of Delta is looking for a dedicated individual who wishes to gain valuable work experience in the field of Statistical Analysis or a related discipline. In the role of Park Usage Analyst the successful applicant will provide a range of technical and analytical skills as part of a team, which will include:
- Statistical analysis / modelling related to park usage;
- Developing formulas related to a variety of park types and usage to include, but not limited to: passive or active park; trails; park amenities (playground, washroom, dog off leash area, sports fields, seating, picnic areas, water park, etc.); proximity to population density; annual weather; proximity to major roadway; etc.;
- Deliver statistical analysis / modelling for the different types of parks;
- Develop an explanatory manual for modelling procedure in a technical and non-technical manner for a broad range of users;
- Verify park usage based on formula and modelling;
- Exercise independent judgement in analysis functions under the general supervision of a superior.
The successful candidate will require excellent computer and statistical skills including Microsoft Office (Word & Excel); strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal; the ability to work independently as an effective member of a team; and will possess superior organizational skills with the ability to meet prescribed deadlines on assignments.
The preferred candidate will be a student of Statistical Analysis or related program with some experience closely related to the duties involved along with experience in communicating data findings.
As this is a Federal Grant program all applicants must meet the following Employment Criteria:
- Must be eligible to legally work in Canada;
- Must be 15 to 30 years of age;
- Must be registered as a full time student in the previous academic year and the next academic year.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $24.81 per hour. This is a temporary full time (non-standard work week) position with the end date of approximately September 28, 2018. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition #18-86 EX by May 27, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2