Utility Operator II
Posting Date: May 9, 2018
Closing Date: May 28, 2018
Schedule: 40 hours/week
Competition #: 18-35E
Position Duties and Responsibilities:The Utility Operator II works alongside other Utility Operators to promote the safe, efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the City’s water and wastewater systems. The Utility Operator II will operate and maintain the CWK’s utility systems, including raw water storage and supply, pressure reducing stations, booster stations, water meters, chlorination systems, reservoirs, collection network, lift stations, performing water quality sampling and analysis and maintain accurate records. The position will perform routine inspections of CWK systems and maintain documentation of all inspections, malfunctions and corrective actions as well as perform construction, maintenance and repair of utilities systems. The successful candidate will be required to take part in the utilities standby rotation for after-hour call outs and emergency call outs.
- Grade 12 education, plus Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) Level II in Water Distribution, Wastewater Collections or Water Treatment;
- 4 years operating experience in a Class III or higher system/facility;
- Water Engineering Technology Diploma or similar preferred;
- BCWWA Tester or Inspector Certification in Cross Connection Control preferred;
- Confined Space Entry training;
- Chlorine Handling certificate;
- Occupational First Aid Level I;
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE received by 4:30 pm on the above closing date at firstname.lastname@example.org and must be complete, including all qualifications and experience relevant to the position.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.