Full Time, Time Stated
Approximately 4 Months
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated
team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
This position offers you a great career opportunity to be part of a small team working on initiatives relevant to guiding the sustainable growth and direction of a community-focused municipality. Working under the Manager of Planning you will:
- Respond to public enquiries on policy and land use matters
- Design and assist in community consultation processes
- Research, analyze and prepare planning documents
- Assist with planning projects and review of development applications
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You bring enthusiasm, energy and skills to our position.
- You have excellent research and analytical skills and ideally some technical knowledge and experience in land development processes.
- Your ability to produce clear and concise written communication is coupled with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in responding to changing priorities and an aptitude for problem solving.
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service. Superior graphic and design skills would be a bonus.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in urban planning or equivalent and have two years relevant experience.
- Alternately, we will consider candidates with a master’s degree in planning and a minimum one year’s relevant experience.
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We care deeply about the community we serve
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
- Our compensation starts at $2,793.68 bi-weekly
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by Monday, May 21, 2018 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #18-049e.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.