The City of Campbell River is seeking two (2) part-time Horticulturist I’s.
As part of the Parks Department team, reporting to the Parks Operations Supervisor and taking direction from the Horticulture Coordinator, the Parks Foreman II, the Parks Operations Supervisor or the Horticulturist II, you will perform tasks assigned in the day-to-day operation, maintenance and associated record keeping of the City’s gardens, boulevards, green spaces and trees.
To complement your Horticulture Technician Certificate, or successful completion of the BC Industry Training Authority’s Landscape Horticulture Apprenticeship Common Core Level I and Level II exams, you will also have:
- a current Pesticide Applicators Certificate.
- a valid Class 5 driver’s licence and a clean driver’s abstract.
- an Occupational First Aid Level 1 certification.
- Three (3) months practical horticultural experience.
- Three (3) months in the maintenance and the application of pesticides, and the ability to plant, transplant, fertilize, irrigate, cultivate, mulch, week and prune trees, shrubs and plants.
The hourly rate of pay for this CUPE bargaining unit position is $27.93 working eight (8) hours per day, Monday through Friday, five (5) months per year (Spring through Summer).
For a detailed job description that lists all the necessary qualifications for this position, please visit the “Employment Opportunities” section of our website at www.campbellriver.ca.
Please include verification of your education and certifications with your application.
This posting closes at 4:30 pm on Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018.
Please send your resume with covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-18-32 to:
Human Resources Department
City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann's Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
Fax: (250) 286-5760
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.