District of Kitimat
Engineering Technologist II
(Regular Full-time Position)
Kitimat is a major industrial centre located at the head of the Douglas Channel in Northwestern BC. A modern, prosperous community of approximately 10,000 people, Kitimat offers excellent recreational opportunities, reasonably priced housing and a high quality, family-oriented lifestyle.
The District of Kitimat seeks an energetic, responsible individual to fill its current vacancy in the Engineering Dept. Under the direction of the Technical Services Manager this position offers a variety of involvement in the municipality's engineering and public works programs, including survey and design, contract preparation and administration, materials testing, cost estimating, infrastructure inspection, analysis and upgrading.
The successful applicant will have the following requirements:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Certified or eligible for certification as an Applied Science Technologist in B.C.
- Minimum 5 years related experience (provide past job list)
- Good working knowledge of hot mix asphalt paving
- Proven track record of working productively both in a team atmosphere and independently
- Good written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills with co-workers, the general public, utility companies and contractors
- Proficiency in MS Office, Autodesk Land Development and Civil Design Software
- Solid background in municipal design and inspection for roads and utilities
- Project Management experience
- WHMIS training and knowledge of Worksafe BC Regulations
- Valid B.C. driver's licence (Class 5/7N)
This is a bargaining unit position with a salary range of $42.29 per hour to $51.17 per hour (achieved in two years), and full benefit package.
Applications complete with references should be submitted by May 25, 2018 to HR Manager, District of Kitimat, 270 City Centre, Kitimat, B.C., V8C 2H7, Fax (250) 632-4995, or e-mailed to HR@kitimat.ca.
Community Information can be obtained from our website at www.kitimat.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Kitimat, BC
Region: North Coast / Nechako
Professional Categories: Engineering,Public Works & Operations
Posted: May 7, 2018, 11:19 am
Expires: May 25, 2018, 4:30 pm