City of Courtenay
As a result of a number of upcoming Water and Sewer related projects, the City of Courtenay invites applications for the Limited Term position of "Engineering Technologist" in the Engineering Services Department. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions in the collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
The Engineering Technologist provides project management services on multiple capital projects simultaneously and at various stages of the design process. This involves directing and supporting projects’ external service providers; tracking and monitoring project budgets; reviewing and critiquing the documentation related to the design, including drawings and reports; and attending construction sites during the construction of projects.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent academic training and experience
- Eligible for membership in Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC with the designation of AScT within 3 months of employment date
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Considerable (3 - 5 years) in civil/municipal engineering field specifically related to project management and contract administration
- Sound experience in the use of MS Office, GIS, AutoCAD and related software
- Experience in water/sewer planning and project delivery is considered an asset
- MMCD Contract Administration is considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles, terminology, practices and techniques
- Considerable knowledge of legislated civil construction codes and regulations
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong office computer skills
- Ability to deal with contractors and consultants in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to interpret and apply City and other bylaws, policies, procedures, engineering design standards and specifications
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently throughout the day; occasionally attend and inspect construction sites including climbing in and out of ditches and trenches; ability to work in inclement weather
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Other duties as assigned
This is a full-time Limited Term position available immediately. The employment term for this position may be for up to two (2) years with an opportunity for extension up to one (1) additional year.
The 2018 hourly wage rates are $32.15 to start, $33.83 after 3 months, and $35.87 after 6 months, based on a 40-hour work week.
If you take pride in serving your community and your personal values align with the City of Courtenay’s core values, then submit your resume and covering letter clearly marked "Application - Engineering Technologist", no later than May 27, 2018.
To submit your application, go to www.courtenay.ca/jobs
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Location: Courtenay, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Engineering,Project Management,Sewer & Wastewater
Posted: May 7, 2018, 10:14 am
Expires: May 27, 2018, 4:30 pm