The West Vancouver Engineering & Transportation Division has an opening for a permanent, full-time Utilities Engineer in the Utilities Department (water, sanitary, and storm). As a key member of the Utilities Management team, you will provide expertise to contribute to the planning, design and construction of a wide variety of municipal infrastructure projects and initiatives. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and growth in a beautiful municipality, we encourage you to keep reading.
This position will be responsible for:
- facilitating the planning, design, construction, and management of municipal infrastructure/services;
- assisting in the development of long range utility plans and aiding in the development of programs and plans related to ongoing Asset Management activities;
- developing short and long range coordinated capital programs; participating in budget preparation for utilities capital initiative;
- undertaking engineering utilities reviews for subdivision and major development permit applications;
- producing legislatively required submissions to senior governments;
- Resolving problems and complaints related to engineering matters; and providing information and assistance to the public.
Reporting to the Manager of Utilities, the successful candidate will provide direction and supervision to a team of technologists and technicians to facilitate the provision of the above noted responsibilities.
The preferred candidate will possess: a Degree in Civil Engineering and several years’ experience related to municipal engineering focusing on the provision of utilities; membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC, knowledge of environmental concerns and land use practices; BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
|Position Status:||Exempt – Permanent, Full-time|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)|
|Closing Date:||11:59 p.m. Friday, May 25, 2018|
|To Apply:||Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we are no longer accepting resumes via email or hard copy.|
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.