Facilities Project Coordinator
Our award-winning Facilities department provides a safe and productive working environment for employees in 14 offices around the province. We’re looking for a project coordinator to play a key role in the space planning, design, office reconfiguration, and construction of projects that maintain and develop great workspaces for our employees and clients. You’re a stickler for ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in accordance with approved standards. If you’re interested in coordinating renovation and relocation projects, along with the purchase of furniture and related equipment, this role will be ideal for you.
What you’ll do
As a project coordinator in our Facilities department you will:
- Initiate the design and construction process on workspace projects – develop scope of work and obtain required authorizations
- Be the key coordinator between the client department, Facilities, and external consultants and general contractor
- Prepare design sketches or working drawings using AutoCAD and provide work direction to draftspersons
- Administer project budgets
- Plan and coordinate moves – prepare tenders for movers, coordinate computer installation with IT, arrange for security, inspect furniture and equipment on delivery, and monitor client satisfaction
- Respond to safety, health, and wellness issues as they relate to design
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Coordinate, prioritize, schedule, and manage multiple and concurrent projects independently and within a team
- Use sound communication skills (verbal and written) to deliver information to a diverse group of individuals
- Promote and ensure a strong customer service environment
- Establish and maintain respectful and professional relationships with a variety of internal and external individuals
Your background and experience:
- A diploma in building technology, interior design, facilities management, or a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience working in project management with a proven track record of successful delivery in design and construction projects
- Experience with project management of workplace and/or facilities construction is an asset
- Working knowledge of space planning and design and related regulatory requirements
- Sound working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Project
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our
workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care
and dental benefits, and contributions toward a defined benefit pension plan. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit our career page at www.worksafebc.com and select Current Opportunities to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related
to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: May 31, 2018
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Project Management,Building Technology/Inspection
Posted: May 3, 2018, 4:00 pm
Expires: May 31, 2018, 4:30 pm