Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Client Business Consultant
$73,768.80- $84,361.58 annually, plus a 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies in Coquitlam and/or Victoria
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund. The Ministry opens up B.C. through innovative, forward-thinking transportation strategies that move people and goods safely, and fuel our provincial economy
To deliver on the Ministry's mandate, the Information Management Branch supports the Ministry’s IM/IT requirements with innovative and responsive services. The Branch partners with central agencies and service providers in the provision of timely, cost effective solutions.
The Client Business Consultant is responsible for enablement of client business goals with technology products and services. This role functions as a senior leader in the Information Management Branch, and as the client’s trusted advisor, through gaining a deep understanding of client’s business, vision, needs and goals.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in computer science field or business or equivalent and four years of related experience; OR,
- Diploma in computer science field or business or equivalent and six years of related experience; OR,
- High school and ten years of related experience.
- Four Years’ experience in directing the work for other project managers, business analysts, professional employees, or consultants.
- Four years’ experience supervising staff.
- Four years’ experience providing business analysis for key front line systems.
- Two Years’ experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders.
- Two Years’ experience in budget management.
- Two years’ experience with procurement processes and contract development.
- Experience in government processes and contract development process would be considered an asset.
- Experience in enterprise architecture methodology and framework - TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework) training or similar certification an asset.
- Experience in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) service lifecycle and processes training or certification an asset.
- Designation as a Project Management Professional, or as a Certified Business Analyst Professional, or equivalent an asset
For more information and to apply online by May 25, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/50321