SAP Systems AdministratorFinance & Technology – Information Technology and GIS
|Hours of Work||70 Hours Bi-weekly|
|Rate of Pay||$42.44 – $48.13 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits) (2016 rates)|
|Notes||The anticipated length of this term assignment is up to 12 months approximately|
|Review of applications||4:00pm on May 14, 2018|
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Information Technology and GIS, the SAP Systems Administrator is an integral part of a technical team responsible for the ongoing development and support of the CRD’s SAP system. This position works collaboratively to ensure SAP solutions meet the CRD’s business and financial needs. The Administrator supports existing business units while analyzing requests to enhance or interface SAP modules with current and/or proposed systems. Develops and supports SAP ABAP programs and user exits around SAP modules assisting with system integration, performance and customer acceptance testing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, develops and supports ABAP programs, queries and reports.
- Coordinates technical components and supports R/3 installations, upgrades and patches.
- Guides team members in the analysis and resolution of complex problems which may include analyzing the business and technical risks of possible solutions based on SAP data structures and relationships between modules.
- Works with a structured systems development lifecycle methodology analyzing new and existing business requirements.
- Develops system specifications to meet identified business requirements including planning, project managing, preparing cost estimates, detailed systems design, coding, documentation, testing and implementation.
- Assists with SAP BASIS administration tasks including systems performance monitoring, executing system transports, maintaining background processing and supporting output management.
- Support and maintains SAP technical environment including configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting on an on-going basis to ensure that availability, recoverability, and performance standards are maintained.
- Liaises with SAP business sustainment team and IT staff to ensure project deadlines are achieved.
- Supervises desktop application development and implementation projects.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology plus 6- 8 years’ experience in the data processing field with a progressive increase in responsibility involving application development and business process analysis including 2 years’ ABAP experience supporting an SAP environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Advanced knowledge of software development and associated methods, procedures and techniques used in computer programming
- Advanced programming skill
- Familiar with web portals and web services including WebAS, NetWeaver, and .NET connector Experience with: SAP v4.6C with additional experience in 4.7 Enterprise
- Experience with: SAP Script and EDI
- Knowledgeable of: IDOCS, RFC, BAPI and ALE
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and understands security concept
- Working knowledge of financial business system processes with several years of direct hands-on experience supporting financial ERP systems
- Experience supervising a technical application development and implementation team
- Experience interpreting functional requirements, confirms requirements with customers, and writing program specifications.
- Ability to explain complex technical terms and procedures in an easy to understand manner
- Advanced problem solving and systems analysis skills
- Advanced project and time management skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently and in a team environment,
- Experience in a complex IT environment where change impacts priorities, roles and processes
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer word processing, spreadsheet and project scheduling programs and databases.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence (Class #5).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.