City of Surrey
Econometrics & Research Analyst
Are you passionate about using data to support the growth of one of BC’s most vibrant economies?
The City of Surrey’s Investment and Intergovernmental Relations Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Econometrics & Research Analyst to support the City’s rapid economic growth. In this role you will be supporting the City’s efforts to enhance the collection and analysis of Surrey-specific economic indicators and provide evidence-based analysis on key trends. Additionally, you will remain current in trends related to non-residential development activity, policies and strategies pertaining to land development within the City and the region.
The Econometrics & Research Analyst reports to the Manager, Economic Development and main job functions include:
- Designs research methodologies and conducts research using economic modelling and big data initiatives.
- Produces statistical, sectoral and economic reports in support of the Division's objectives.
- Undertake projects such as industrial sector research, cluster studies and economic impact analysis.
- Design and maintain databases.
- Analyzes and forecasts economic trends.
- Assists with program survey design, execution, and analysis.
- Liaises with various business organization and associations on economic issues.
- Responds to inquiries from the business community and provides timely and appropriate advice, business information and /or referral to appropriate government or business resources.
- Develops and maintains presentation material pertaining to Surrey as a choice location for business investment, including sector specific presentation materials and online documentation for real estate site selection.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of non-residential development activity, trends, policies and strategies pertaining to land development within the City and the region.
- Track and report impact/ metrics associated with key divisional programs and initiatives.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence and maintains records related to the work.
- Acts as a resource to staff in the City.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Research
Posted: May 1, 2018, 1:18 pm
Expires: June 1, 2018, 4:30 pm