Stretching from Deep Cove in the east to the Capilano River Canyon in the west, the District of North Vancouver is characterized by innovative municipal government that maintains and enhances the quality of life for its residents and businesses. Fuelled by the District’s award-winning vision to build vibrant and sustainable communities for people of all ages and backgrounds, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and an excellent total compensation package. A flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive work place culture, we are looking to fill this position. Come work for one of BC’s Top Employers and contribute to making this a great place to work!
Reporting to the Manager, Revenue & Taxation, this position focuses on implementing revenue policy and optimizing revenue through the user fee framework, support systems and identifying and leveraging revenue opportunities such as government grants. The position maintains revenue models for community growth and user fees to ensure the Long Term Financial Plan and Annual Budget reflect Council’s policy direction. The position is also responsible for the revenue aspects of related business processes and internal controls.
In this challenging role you review, monitor, document and advise management on the performance of all aspects of the revenue and user fee framework across multiple divisions. Specifically this position: maintains community growth and user fee models as inputs to the Long Term Financial Plan; maintains financial information and prepares financial reports; works collaboratively with other departments to establish program costs and target revenues; reviews and recommends changes to revenue policies and bylaws; monitors grant opportunities and submits reports; reviews and recommends changes to strengthen internal controls; provides status reports regarding compliance with revenue and user fee frameworks; coordinates communication and staff training related to changes in revenue policies, programs, bylaws and procedures; and assists with other financial related analysis and related work as required.
The successful applicant will have:
- thorough knowledge of financial principles, practices and reporting standards
- change management abilities, knowledge of business processes and business analytics
- knowledge of revenue, budget and financial analytics
- knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, bylaws and legislation governing the work
- knowledge of land development and related economic analysis
- the ability to carry out analysis and studies, review budgeting strategies, and prepare reports outlining findings and conclusions
- the ability to utilize multiple business applications
- the ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders and understand their business and processes as they relate to the revenue and user fee framework
- the ability to communicate effectively to management and senior management
- the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
The successful candidate would have a professional accounting designation (CPA) and a minimum of 5 years related professional experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in change management and superior communication abilities. Previous municipal or public sector experience is not essential.
If you have what we’re looking for and enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a group of enthusiastic and dedicated people, we want to hear from you. Please apply on-line with your cover letter and resume which clearly demonstrates how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role at www.dnv.org/careers by May 27, 2018.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: April 27, 2018, 3:10 pm
Expires: May 27, 2018, 4:30 pm