City of Surrey
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
The Surrey RCMP Detachment has an opening for a Switchboard Operator. The Switchboard Operator is responsible for operating the RCMP switchboard within the Operation Communications Centre and responds to a wide range of general enquires and emergency calls.
As a successful switchboard operator, you will be responsible for:
- Receiving and transcribing information from the general public and directing calls to the appropriate section in a prompt.
- Providing administrative support reception duties using office equipment.
- Using effective questioning techniques to understand client needs.
- Providing information in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner while providing switchboard/receptionist duties.
- Understanding and upholding privacy requirements.
- Paging Emergency Response Teams.
- Receives emergency calls for assistance and transfers calls to appropriate area.
- Performing data entry and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Grade 12, supplemented by business courses
- One year of switchboard experience
- Ability to type 45 w.p.m
- Required to work rotating shifts, including weekends, evenings, graveyards & statutory holidays. Hours of operations are from 7:30am to midnight.
This position requires the successful completion of the RCMP Reliability Security Clearance
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Police Services,Emergency Communications
Posted: April 26, 2018, 10:33 am
Expires: May 25, 2018, 4:30 pm