Chief Administrative Officer
The Village of Valemount is seeking applications for the position of Chief Administrative Officer.
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for the overall management of the Villages’s daily operations, reporting to Mayor and Council. The CAO is responsible for the utilization of Village Staff, finances, and physical resources.
In addition, the CAO will help build and continue strong relationships with other local governments, First Nations, local businesses, and diverse community.
Preference may be given to a candidate who possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field such as public administration, business administration, commerce, law, etc. and, or.;
- Preferably three to five years’ experience at a senior management level in a local government environment, as CAO or comparable experience;
- Experience working with First Nations
- Strong team leadership, analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Discretion, tact, and good judgment;
- Willingness to be innovative, creative and entrepreneurial;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a political environment, balance competing interests and function in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations and policies and to provide appropriate advice; and
- Ability to foster a positive, collaborative, and respectful work environment.
|Mail:||Gord Simmons, Interim CAO, PO Box 168, Valemount, BC V0E 2Z0|
735 Cranberry Lake Road | PO Box 168 | Valemount, BC | V0E 2Z0 | P. 250.566.4435 | F. 250.566.4249
Location: Valemount, BC
Region: North Central / Cariboo
Professional Categories: Chief Administration
Posted: April 20, 2018, 9:50 am
Expires: May 25, 2018, 4:00 pm